Tribal Government and Housing
Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP is a prominent tribal law firm providing legal representation and advocacy in a broad range of services, with an emphasis in tribal law and federal Indian law serving tribal nations, tribal business enterprises, and tribal organizations throughout the United States.
Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP is seeking candidates with 3 years of tribal government and housing experience to join our metropolitan Omaha, Nebraska office. The right candidate will have the opportunity to work on cases in a variety of areas including representation in tribal governments in tribal, federal, and state courts, before federal and state legislative bodies and agencies, drafting of ordinances, regulations and policies, negotiation, and review of contracts and commercial transactions.
- Active admission to any state bar, with the ability to become licensed in Nebraska
- D. from an ABA-accredited Law School
- 3 years of experience in tribal government, housing, and real estate
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures
- Ability to effectively interact, orally and in writing
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities with a “roll up your sleeves” and team-oriented attitude
- Exceptional organizational skills, juggling priorities, and adhering to strict deadlines
- First-rate academic credentials and references
- Superior research, writing, and analytical skills and technology-oriented
- Commitment to participating in the firm’s marketing and public relations initiatives, including joining associations, securing leadership roles, and conducting webinars, seminars, and speaking engagements
- Knowledge of or experience working with Indian law or tribal courts
- Experience with Microsoft Office and cloud-based computer environment
Big Fire Law & Policy Group’s mission is to provide excellent legal services and an outstanding client experience, balanced with a work atmosphere that promotes individual betterment and professional exceptionalism. We build incredible trust with our clients by encouraging our attorneys to be the best at what they do, and to do so in the best possible way.
Annual salary that is competitive, compensating for talent, expertise, and performance Opportunity to participate in the firm’s 401k plan
Medical, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance, and FSA Opportunity to earn annual bonuses
Unlimited paid time off for attorneys (billable time requirement applies) Work-life balance and employee wellness/self-care promoted environment
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to email@example.com