Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP is seeking candidates with 5-10 years’ experience possessing a strong background in gaming, regulatory compliance, employment law, transactional law, and general corporate law. This position is a new, unique, and cutting-edge opportunity to work closely with a client on large scale, state-run gaming projects.
Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP is a prominent law firm providing legal representation and advocacy in a broad range of disciplines, with an emphasis in tribal law and federal Indian law and economic development, serving tribal nations, tribal business enterprises, and tribal organizations throughout the United States.
- Active admission to any state bar, with the ability to become licensed in Nebraska
- D. from an ABA accredited Law School
- Five (5) + years of progressively responsible regulatory/compliance legal practice
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities with a “roll up your sleeves” and team-oriented attitude
- Exceptional organizational skills, juggling priorities and adhering to strict deadlines
- First-rate academic credentials and references
- Superior research, writing and analytical skills and technology oriented
- Must have excellent communication skills in communicating with partners and clients
- Commitment to participating in the firm’s marketing and public relations initiatives and a commitment to adhering to internal policies related to teamwork, communication, and billing.
Principal Duties, Responsibilities, and Attributes:
- Responsible for key projects and functions related to gaming, commercial and construction and A&E contracts, finance, employment law, complex transactions, and state regulatory issues.
- Review, negotiate, analyze, and draft key company contracts and provide strategic and proactive legal advice to applicable business clients including strategic partnership agreements, sponsorship agreements, payment processing agreements, affiliate agreements, and nondisclosure agreements.
- Collaborate, support, and advise property management, gaming leadership personnel, and other relevant personnel on gaming and related regulatory and compliance matters.
- Provide support for complex commercial transactions, including start-up enterprises, joint ventures, investments, and acquisitions.
- Assess applicable gaming and other laws and regulations for possible changes and reforms. Inspire confidence in business clients by consistently providing well-reasoned legal advice and practical solutions to complex issues.
- Prepare legal documents related to the entities including but not limited to agreements, resolutions, and organizational documents.
- Attend gaming regulatory hearings and other meetings, as required.
- Work directly with the clients for gaming and promotional approvals.
- Other miscellaneous legal work as assigned including contracts, commercial transactions, financing, and other transactional work.
Big Fire Law & Policy Group’s mission is to provide excellent legal services and an outstanding client experience, balanced with a work atmosphere that promotes individual betterment and professional exceptionalism. We build incredible trust with our clients by encouraging our attorneys to be the best at what they do, and to do so in the best possible way.
Annual salary that is competitive, compensating for talent, expertise, and performance.
Opportunity to participate in the firm’s 401k plan.
Two health insurance options to choose from and 100% employer paid vision and dental coverage.
Opportunity to earn annual bonuses.
Unlimited paid time off for attorneys (billable time requirement applies).
Work-life balance and employee wellness promoted environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org