Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP is a prominent tribal law firm providing legal representation and advocacy in a broad range of services, with an emphasis in tribal law and federal Indian law serving tribal nations, tribal business enterprises and tribal organizations throughout the United States.
Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP is seeking candidates with a minimum of 3-5 years of tribal government experience to join our Winnebago, Nebraska office. The right candidate will provide guidance to Tribes and tribal entities on a variety of matters including agreements and contracts, advising on impact of pending legislation, drafting ordinances, advising on policies and procedures, guidance on land management, and provide in-person support as needed during Tribal Council, committee, and other meetings.
- Active admission to any state bar, with the ability to become licensed in Nebraska
- J.D. from an ABA accredited Law School
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in tribal government, contracts, land management, ordinances, and policies and procedures
- Experience working with Indian law or tribal courts
- This is in-office position which requires attendance in our Winnebago, NE office as well as in person meetings and client interaction
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures
- Ability to effectively interact, orally and in writing
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities with a “roll up your sleeves” and team-oriented attitude
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills and adhering to strict deadlines
- First-rate academic credentials and references
- Superior research, writing and analytical skills and technology oriented
- Commitment to participating in the Firm’s marketing and public relations initiatives, including joining associations, securing leadership roles, and conducting webinars, seminars, and speaking engagements
- Experience with Microsoft Office and cloud-based computer environment
Big Fire Law & Policy Group provides excellent legal services and an outstanding client experience, balanced with a work atmosphere that promotes individual betterment and professional exceptionalism. We build incredible trust with our clients by encouraging our attorneys to be the best at what they do, and to do so in the best possible way.
Annual salary that is competitive, compensating for talent, expertise, and performance
Opportunity to participate in the Firm’s 401k plan
Medical, Dental, vision, LTD, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, and FSA
Opportunity to earn annual bonuses
Unlimited paid time off for attorneys (billable time requirement applies)
Work-life balance and employee wellness/self-care promoted environment
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to: email@example.com