Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP is a prominent tribal law firm providing legal representation and advocacy in a broad range of services, with an emphasis in tribal law and federal Indian law serving tribal nations, tribal business enterprises and tribal organizations throughout the United States.
As a Paralegal with Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP, you will provide paralegal support to our Litigation team. The work requires professionalism, initiative, accuracy, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Proofing, formatting, and filing of pleadings, motions, and briefs consistent with both rules of civil procedure and local court rules in multiple jurisdictions
- Draft and manage litigation documents, including declarations, motions, orders, and organize exhibits
- Manage e-discovery, redaction, duplicating and indexing documents
- Manage litigation calendar, including calculating and calendaring deadlines pursuant to rules of civil procedure and local court rules
- Basic research, including analyzing and understand rules of civil procedure and local court rules
- Oral and written communication with third parties via telephone, email, and letter
- Opening, closing, and maintaining organized hard copy and electronic files.
- Work independently and as part of a team towards common goal of excellent client service
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously; self-motivated
- Associate degree or Certification in Paralegal Studies
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience as a Litigation Paralegal
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail orientated, results driven with exceptional analytical skills
- 4-7 years minimum litigation legal experience
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office 365 applications, Adobe Acrobat and Excel software solutions
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency in ECF court filing systems
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Native American law experience
- Federal court experience
- Document management system experience
- Project Management software experience
Big Fire Law & Policy Group’s mission is to provide excellent legal services and an outstanding client experience, balanced with a work atmosphere that promotes individual betterment and professional exceptionalism. We build incredible trust with our clients by encouraging our attorneys to be the best at what they do, and to do so in the best possible way.
Annual salary that is competitive, compensating for talent, expertise, and performance
Opportunity to participate in the firm’s 401k plan
Enrollment in the firm’s medical insurance plan
Opportunity to earn annual bonuses
Unlimited paid time off for attorneys (billable time requirement applies)
Work -life balance and employee wellness promoted environment
Job Type: Full-time
Office: Washington, D.C.
Please send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to email@example.com