Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP is a prominent tribal law firm providing legal representation and advocacy in a broad range of services, with an emphasis in tribal law and federal Indian law serving tribal nations, tribal business enterprises and tribal organizations throughout the United States.
As a Paralegal with Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP, you will provide paralegal support to our team on a variety of matters primarily in our corporate business transactional and housing practice group, with litigation paralegal support at times. The work requires professionalism, initiative, accuracy, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Assist with client contact and organization of client files
- Draft corporate and business organizational documents
- Draft and assist attorneys with general corporate and business transactional matters
- Draft and assist attorneys with housing related matters such as evictions and tenant leases.
- Draft and manage litigation documents, including declarations, motions, orders, and organize exhibits
- Basic research, including analyzing and understand rules of civil procedure and local court rules
- Maintain calendars and provide billing/invoice processing support
- Conduct research, coordinate internal resources when necessary, and review various documentation to obtain necessary information for document drafting
- Manage client assignment and project management matrix
- Designing, proofing, and formatting legal filings, as well as basic drafting, including extensive revision by following written and oral directions
- Drafting correspondence to and contacting third parties via telephone, email, and letter
- Opening, closing, and maintaining organized hard copy and electronic files
- Work independently and as part of a team towards common goal of excellent client service
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously; self-motivated
- Associates Degree or Certification in Paralegal Studies
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail orientated, results driven with exceptional analytical skills
- 3-5 years minimum legal experience as a paralegal, court clerk, legal secretary, or legal assistant
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 applications, Adobe Acrobat and
- Cloud based software solutions
- Excellent proof reading and editing skills
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
Big Fire Law & Policy Group’s mission is to provide excellent legal services and an outstanding client experience, balanced with a work atmosphere that promotes individual betterment and professional exceptionalism. We build incredible trust with our clients by encouraging our attorneys to be the best at what they do, and to do so in the best possible way.
Annual salary that is competitive, compensating for talent, expertise, and performance
Opportunity to participate in the firm’s 401k plan
Enrollment in the firm’s medical insurance plan
Opportunity to earn annual bonuses
Work -life balance and employee wellness promoted environment
Job Type: Full-time
Office: Omaha, NE
Please send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to email@example.com