Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP is a prominent tribal law firm providing legal representation and advocacy in a broad range of services, with an emphasis in tribal law and federal Indian law serving tribal nations, tribal business enterprises and tribal organizations throughout the United States.
Big Fire Law & Policy Group LLP is seeking candidates with 3 years of tribal government and housing experience to join our in-office Omaha, Nebraska housing practice team. The right candidate will have the opportunity to work represent Tribally Designated Housing Entities (TDHEs) in all aspect of Native American Housing and Self-Determination Act of 1996 (NAHASDA) compliance. Strong interest in housing-related transactions, compliance and related litigation in tribal, federal, and state courts is desired. The successful candidate will work before federal and state legislative bodies and agencies, draft housing ordinances, policies, and regulations, negotiate and review contracts, and be extensively involved in housing-related commercial transactions.
- Active admission to any state bar, with the ability to become licensed in Nebraska through motion or UBE-score transfer (270 or higher);
- D. from an ABA accredited Law School;
- 3 years of experience in tribal government, housing, and real estate transactions;
- Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures;
- Ability to effectively interact, orally and in writing;
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities with a “roll up your sleeves” and team-oriented attitude;
- Exceptional organizational skills, juggling priorities and adhering to strict deadlines;
- First-rate academic credentials and references (top third of law school graduating class preferred);
- Superior research, writing and analytical skills and technology oriented; and
- Commitment to participating in the firm’s marketing and public relations initiatives, including joining associations, securing leadership roles, and conducting webinars, seminars, and speaking engagements.
- Knowledge of or experience working with the NAHASDA in tribal and federal venues
- Experience with Microsoft Office and cloud-based computer environment
Big Fire Law & Policy Group provides excellent legal services and an outstanding client experience, balanced with a work atmosphere that promotes individual betterment and professional exceptionalism. We build incredible trust with our clients by encouraging our attorneys and staff to be the best at what they do, and to do so in the best possible way.
Annual salary that is competitive, compensating for talent, expertise, and performance
Opportunity to participate in the Firm’s 401k plan
Medical, Dental, vision, LTD, life insurance, voluntary life insurance, and FSA
Opportunity to earn annual bonuses
Unlimited paid time off for attorneys (billable time requirement applies)
Work-life balance and employee wellness/self-care promoted environment
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Omaha, NE office (non-remote)
Please send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to email@example.com